About the project
This project is a timeline of the political crisis in Ukraine in 2013-2014 (“Euromaidan” or the “Revolution of Dignity”).
- This project is a matter-of-fact chronology of events and facts. There is no room here for the opinion or personal assessment of any of the journalists who worked on the project.
- This is not a political project. The editorial group considers it their task to record the sequence of events during the political crisis and to preserve the chronology for years to come in the form of this interactive site.
- The editorial group publishes only verified facts, with references to the sources of the information, which confirm what has been written.
- The editorial group publishes only significant events. Several thousand news items accumulated in the course of the period of the crisis, but it makes sense to put together a chronology of only several dozen.
- The project is being published simultaneously in three languages, and all three versions contain identical content. References to sources are placed in spots where it’s possible and makes sense.
You are free to cite this project, under the condition that you indicate the source of information: “maidantime.org”. In electronic publications, a hyperlink must be used.
You used my photo/picture/text
- If we have not indicated your copyright or have indicated it improperly, write us.
- We would greatly appreciate if you could send us the original photo or a version with higher resolution.
- We would be grateful if you would write us a letter in which you indicate that you give us permission to use your photo.
- And finally, if you are against having your photo used, also write us. We’ll replace it with a different one.
Who are you?
We are a group of professional Ukrainian journalists.
- We do not want our names to lend an emotional overtone to this project that would be totally out of place and would distort the way people perceive the timeline.
- No matter who the author of this project might be, there will always be some portion of publications that will not want to link to this site due solely to personal or political dislike. But we welcome visitors of any political orientation.
- The editorial policy calls for a matter-of-fact presentation of objective facts. Consequently, by-lines are of secondary importance, roughly the same as what is done in encyclopedias.
You have provided false/erroneous information
Definitely write to us. In your letter, please provide references to authoritative publications or to the testimony of witnesses who can confirm your information.
How can I contact you?
Send us an email at email@example.com. We don't have any account in social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc).